Before your appointment
To help ensure a smooth billing process, we encourage you to take these steps before your visit:
- Confirm that your insurance is accepted by calling your insurance company to find out if it has a contract with Wayne Health.
- Check your insurance plan to find out what is and isn’t covered and whether or not your service requires authorization.
- Obtain a referral, if required by your insurance company. Please discuss this with your primary care physician prior to scheduling an appointment with one of our specialists.
Please Note: Wayne Health does not require referrals, but your insurance company may require them to provide coverage of your visit or procedure.
- Confirm the copay amount for your visit, as well as any unmet deductible amount.
- Be aware of your coinsurance and out-of-pocket maximum.
- Update your coordination of benefits with your insurance plan.
Wayne Health offers many ways for you to pay your balance for services rendered. You can pay your bill by mail or by using our secure online bill pay system. If you have any questions regarding your bill, please feel free to call an account representative at 866-978-6333 (toll free). Business hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Online bill pay is a free service offered by Wayne Health that allows you to manage your bill payment online. It’s easy, secure and easy-to-use. You can pay your bill online and view payment history using a computer or mobile device. You will need the QuickPay Code located on your paper statement. If you do not have the QuickPay Code, please call the billing office at 313-448-9062 or toll free at 866-978-6333.
Pay by mail
Wayne Health sends monthly statement to patients for services rendered. You can pay your balance by check or credit card using the statement form and return envelope.
At Wayne Health, we understand that the financial responsibilities associated with paying for your care can be an added stress. Our patient account representatives offer assistance for patients with financial questions or concerns, especially for those who are experiencing financial hardship. Our team goes above and beyond by assessing the needs of each individual patient.
Our patient account representatives can:
- Explain bills and assist in arranging payments
- Arrange a payment plan and screen for funding sources
- Refer patients to manufacturer drug discount programs
If you do not have insurance, or your insurance does not cover all of the costs of your health care, there may be other options to assist you, including payment plans, other coverage plans, and financial hardship eligibility. If you would like to apply for financial assistance, please complete our financial assistance form.
Note: If you prefer to print and submit the financial assistance form by mail, please send the form and supporting documentation to:
Wayne Health Financial Counselor
400 Mack Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201