Wayne Health Mobile Unit services
The Wayne Health Mobile Unit (WHMU) is staffed by Registered Nurses, Medical/Research Assistant, Patient & Family Health Advocates and overseen by Physicians from the Center of Population Health and Accountability Department at Wayne Health. Our team offers a variety of FREE health screenings and services to our patients.
In addition to events hosted by our community partners, the Wayne Health Mobile Unit is bringing medical services right to your door! Our door-to-door teams are canvasing neighborhoods throughout Detroit offering COVID vaccines, COVID testing, health screenings for blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol and Kidney function. We also provide linkage to care in partnership with Detroit Parent Network. To see if we’ll be in your neighborhood, view our event calendar at the bottom of the page.
Please make sure to look into the description of the event to see which services are being offered, as not all services are always offered at each location.
- COVID-19 Vaccine
- COVID-19 PCR Molecular Testing
- Flu Shots (available fall 2021)
- Diabetes Screening
- Cholesterol Screening
- Kidney Function Screening
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Behavioral Health Resources
- Body Mass Index
- Assistance to resources (food, utilities, insurance, and more)
- Patient Education
- Primary Care Physician Referrals
- Wellness Exams
- Referrals to Specialists
Wayne Health Mobile Unit information for patients
- No appointment needed
- ID not required (collected if available)
- Insurance not required (we do collect information, but you will not receive a co-pay)
- COVID-19 testing available for anyone 3+ years old
- COVID-19 Pfizer vaccine for anyone 12+ years old, Moderna vaccine for anyone 18+ years old
- HIV Screening for anyone 13+ years old
- Serology (blood-based tests) services for anyone 18+ years old
- Register for your Wayne Health patient portal
If you are interested in partnering with Wayne Health to set up a mobile testing site in your community, contact us at MobileHealthUnit@med.wayne.edu or call 313-448-9117.
Thank you to Michigan Department of Health and Human Services, ACCESS, Ford Motor Company, Detroit Parent Network, Steven Soderbergh, the CORE Foundation, United Way, Ralph Wilson, Blue Cross-Blue Shield, Community Foundation for Southeast Michigan and the Cielo Foundation for their invaluable support.