Vaccine pilot program targets 43,000 in underserved populations from Crain’s Detroit Business
April 22, 2021
- Henry Ford Health System built a partnership with the Islamic Center and worked with imams and religious leaders to help encourage the community to receive the COVID-19 vaccine, stressing that it was not forbidden due to Ramadan.
- Wayne Health offered other services on-site at their vaccination clinics that included blood pressure screening and linkage to medical care.
- Mid-Michigan Health sent five two-person teams door-to-door and provided at-home vaccinations to 50 people in Alpena.
- The Dearborn Fire Department embarked on vaccination visits to 14 senior complexes throughout seven communities.
- Advanced Health Pharmacy in Kalamazoo worked with local community organizations to set up five vaccination events in five days — in parking lots and churches, with drive-through and walk-in options. More than 1,100 people in the first two days at an outdoor vaccination event and another 1,400 were vaccinated at additional events throughout the rest of the first week.
- Advanced Pharmacy – Kalamazoo County
- Alma Family Practice, P.C. – Gratiot County
- Allegan County Health Department – Allegan County
- Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) – Wayne County
- Bay-Arenac Behavioral Health Authority – Bay County
- Calhoun County Public Health Department – Calhoun County
- Covered Bridge Healthcare – St. Joseph County
- Cristo Rey Family Health Center – Ingham County
- Dearborn Fire Department – Wayne County
- Genoa Healthcare – Oakland County
- Henry Ford Health System – Macomb, Wayne, Jackson, Oakland counties
- Ingham County Health Department – Ingham County
- Kent County Health Department – Kent County
- Mid-Michigan Health – Alcona, Alpena, Clare counties
- Northwest Michigan Health Services, Inc. – Oceana, Mason, Manistee, Benzie counties
- Saginaw County Health Department – Saginaw County
- Region VII Area Agency on Aging – Saginaw County
- Schoolcraft Memorial Hospital – Schoolcraft County
- St. Clair County Health Department – St. Clair County
- Wayne Health – Wayne County
- Washtenaw County Health Department – Washtenaw County
- Western Wayne Family Health Center – Wayne County
Read, “Vaccine pilot program targets 43,000 in underserved populations” from Crain’s Detroit Business.
Request an appointment with a Wayne Health provider.